Fewer Clowns Fewer Frowns
How to reduce clowning around in the ad game:
(From the Goldberg Moser O'Neill performance evaluation standards)
- Be a self starter with the highest level of initiative
- Maintain superb internal relationships throughout the agency
- Perform an extraordinary amount of work
- Proven agency leadership at General Patton's level(e.g. take charge attitude and ownership)
- Grow the business, generate income and/or reduce expenses
- Identify opportunities and solve problems in highly innovative, imaginative ways that result in more effective, more efficient work produced by the agency
- Continue striving to make contributions to the end creative quality and product produced by the agency
- Consistently produce excellent quality work regardless of the discipline or task
- Have a point of view and express it. Often.
- Be impeccably honest in financial matters, people matters, and matters that concern the "work"
- Treat everyone with exactly the same level of respect and consideration regardless of their position at the agency
- The business of advertising is not at your desk or in your email. It's face to face with peers, subordinates, clients and vendors alike.
- Good enough is definitely not good enough
- The "work" is what matters